Caring for Crypton Fabric
RM COCO is proud to offer a wide selection of Crypton fabrics. These amazing fabrics have a permanent stain-resistant technology, which makes cleaning up spills incredibly easy. The silver-ion technology fends off micro-organisms, safeguarding your furniture against odor-causing bacteria and prolonging the life of your textiles. Homes and high-traffic environments can be messy. And life’s messes require cleaning, so when it’s time to care for your Crypton fabrics, the process can be as easy and pain-free, especially since most liquids simply roll off of Crypton fabrics, or they can be quickly blotted off the surface with a dry towel or sponge. Overall, we can help you get your Crypton fabrics looking good as new —just follow these few easy steps!
Spot Cleaning Your Crypton
The spot cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most light to medium stains, such as coffee, red wine, crayon, and ketchup. Be careful to brush lightly since fibers can be broken or matted in the cleaning process.
- Blot any excess liquid; wipe away excess mess with a dry, clean towel.
- Mix together a simple soap and water solution. We recommend mixing 1/4 teaspoon enzyme laundry or dish detergent, like Tide®, Cheer® or Dawn®, with 1 cup warm water.
- Apply the solution and agitate with a soft bristle brush. Make sure to brush lightly and work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain. Rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Blot with a clean towel and rinse. Repeat if necessary.
- And remember, soap attracts dirt so make sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Allow fabric to air dry
Extraction Crypton Cleaning
The extraction cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most medium or ground-in stains.
- Before extraction cleaning, blot up liquids on the surface with a clean, soft towel and vacuum the upholstery.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp mild, enzyme detergent, such as Tide® or Dawn® dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Wet-vacuum or blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel. Be sure to extract the entire surface of the upholstered furniture to achieve uniform cleanliness.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residues, as residues will attract dirt.
- Repeat steps 3-7 as needed.
- Allow fabric to air dry.